South America in Depth
Packed full of highlights both natural and man-made, this journey across South America showcases a diversity of wonders spanning the Andes to the Amazon. In the Peruvian Andes hub of Cusco be immersed in the ancient culture of the Inca, visit the Sacred Valley and revel in the magnificent citadel ruins of Machu Picchu. At Lake Titicaca, Bolivia, visit the floating Uros Islands before continuing to the lofty heights of La Paz. Further south, the Chilean hinterlands are home to some spectacular wineries while irrepressible Buenos Aires excels at nightlife. At the border with Brazil, experience the magnificent might of Iguazu Falls, before finally arriving in one of the world's most beautiful cities, Rio de Janeiro.
- Enjoy a 2 night feature stay in a restored Hacienda nearby Cotopaxi volcano and hike through Cotopaxi National Park towards the volcano's perfectly cone-shaped peak, looking out for wildlife along the way
- Experience the untouched world of the Amazon rainforest. Stroll along jungle trails on the lookout for monkeys, parrots, otters and caymans, and sleep in a nature lodge lit by candles and kerosene lamps
- Enjoy two included visits to Machu Picchu! One guided tour of the ruins and the second visit with free time to explore on your own
- The floating reed islands of Uros on Lake Titicaca are a marvel of concept, construction and history. Take a boat tour on the world's highest navigable lake, then enjoy a 2-night 'feature stay' at the private island of Suasi on the Lake Titicaca. Watch the sun go down at the highest point of the island while enjoying a truly memorable picnic and drinks
- Join a specialist historian guide on one of you included visits to an archaeological site around Cusco who will provide interesting insight and knowledge about Peru's history and culture
- Explore the vibrantly colourful port town of Valparaiso, where culture spills out into the streets and puppets come to life
- Gaze over the dazzling city, mountains and bay of Rio de Janeiro from the foot of the famous Christ the Redeemer statue
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust