South Africa's Garden Route
South Africa’s seaside splendour awaits on the exquisite Garden Route and Wild Coast. Set off from Cape Town and visit wineries en route to Stellenbosch, sample abalone and spot whales from the cliffs of Hermanus, sample fortified wine along Route 62, observe meerkats at close range in Oudtshoorn, travel the Swartberg Pass to Prince Albert and the Cango Caves, taste fresh local oysters on a boat cruise to Knysna Heads, hike the spectacular rugged coastline of Tsitsikamma National Park, spot elephants in Addo National Park and finish in Port Elizabeth. This is the perfect South African tasting platter.
- Taste South Africa’s acclaimed wine heritage with a special Wine tasting in the Cape Winelands, where ducks form part of the workforce and hand-crafted wines are waiting to be sampled.
- Experience some of the world’s best whale watching without leaving dry land. Hermanus’ coastal walkways have the perfect spots to sit and watch the whales as they frolic in in the bay.
- Join an experienced local guide for a sunrise meeting with meerkats. Savour the unique privilege of spending time with these elusive creatures.
- Cruise out on to the emerald waters of the Knysna Lagoon and taste some of the freshest, most delicious local produce on an Oyster Tour
- Spend a day in the company of elephants in Addo National Park, then retire from days of game drives to the incredible setting of Kuzuko Lodge, the feature stay of this trip, sipping sundowners with uninterrupted views of the Karoo Plains and the Zuurberg Mountains
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust