Scottish Highland Games - Limited Edition
With jagged mountains, tranquil lochs and rolling greenery throughout its national parks, the Scottish Highlands are a place of enduring charm. Yet this endurance doesn’t simply end there – it’s a part of the Scottish spirit. Traditions such as the Highland Games have lasted before recorded history even began and have gone on to influence on a global scale – even playing a part in the revival of the Olympics. The kilt, a distinctive part of Scottish culture, returned as a bastion of clan and highland culture after 35 years of oppression by British law. Highland dancing, bagpipe performances and tests of strength all feature heavily on this adventure, showing the undying fortitude of the Scottish spirit as you experience the Highland Games and the culture surrounding it.
- Take a food walking tour in Glasgow which will benefit local food banks.
- Jump aboard the Jacobite Steam Train across the Glenfinnan Viaduct, which is one of the most scenic rail journeys in the world.
- Enjoy a whisky tasting at Glen Ord Distillery.
- A local kilt fitter will give you a talk on the history of this iconic Scottish garment.
- A Highland Games competitor will meet you with some practice equipment for a private demonstration where you'll get to have a go.
- Peregrine will host a Ceilidh dance at a village hall with dance tuition provided from an expert and other local dance enthusiasts.
- Enjoy a whole day at the Highland Games in Braemar, which is regularly attended by members of the British Royal Family.
- Explore Edinburgh on foot with a local guide, who will also give you an exclusive bagpipe demonstration.
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust