Remote Amazon Experience- Independent
The rainbow-coloured chaos of the macaws descending on the clay lick at Heath River is an unforgettable scene. The fifth-largest in the world, this clay lick on the Peruvian bank of the river has seen up to 260 birds on it at once.
Independent travel, without the stress. Peregrine’s Independent Experiences are a range of short ‘mini tours’ that you can add to other Experiences or as an extension to a longer tour, to craft your perfect holiday itinerary. Independent Experiences are for 1-4 travellers, come accompanied by a local Peregrine guide and depart daily. /experiences
Please note, on this trip the services are not private. You may share services with like minded travellers who have booked through other companies.
- Whether on an early morning river cruise, a trek through the jungle at dusk or a night walks in search of nocturnal creatures, the Amazon is remarkable in every light
- Staying at remote lodges in the middle of the Amazon rainforest provides unequalled access to wildlife
- Watch as a huge variety of animals gather around naturally-formed clay licks in search of extra nutrients
- Look for sloths, howler monkeys, black caimans, jaguars and tapirs along rainforest trails
- Explore the wildlife-rich jungle enclosing Sandoval Lake
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust