Pyramids, Mummies & Pharaohs
If you've ever had a fascination in the ancient gods, goddesses and tombs of Egypt, this in-depth, off-the-beaten-track trip is for you. Beginning and ending in energetic Cairo, stop by the tombs of nobles in Aswan and Luxor, mingle with friendly Nubian locals, visit the rock temples of Abu Simbel and see the final resting place of Osiris – God of the Underworld – at the Abydos Temple. From the famous pyramids of Giza to the less-known Red and Bent Pyramids in Dashur, through the Old Kingdom capital of Memphis and along the winding Nile, your local guide Ahmed (a knowledgable Egyptologist and history buff himself), will take you on a journey through Egypt's incredible past, landscapes and mythology.
- Who better to take you on a journey through Egypt's history than a born-and-bred local and qualified Egyptologist? Ahmed, your local leader, has worked registering hieroglyphic texts on the Pyramids of Giza plateau, and was an inspector in charge of the Cheops and Chephren’ s pyramid complex. Just tell us there aren't some stories there!
- This trip packs an impressive number of highlights in without compromising on comfort and relaxation. A day spent among the incredible Pyramids of Giza is only the beginning.
- Karnak is one of the most fascinating temple complexes in the world; by exploring with Ahmed gives you an incredible insight into this structure.
- Visit the famed tomb of King Tutankhamun during free time at the Valley of the Kings.
- A four-night river cruise is the ideal way to experience the Nile. Rest and relax on the sundeck and in the pool while local riverside life streams our Feature Stay Riverboat
- Cairo's Khan al-Khalili Bazaar is an essential Egyptian experience. You'll have plenty of time to lose yourself in the colours and aromas of this fascinating marketplace.
- Don't miss the chance to drink Arabic coffee or mint tea from Cairo's oldest cafe, it has a long history and fantastic atmosphere.
- Enjoy a traditional dinner with a local family, a unique way to learn about life in Egypt while feasting on a home-cooked meal
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust