Photography Series: Antarctic Explorer
Opportunities to see five species of seals, massive rookeries of Gentoo, Adelie and chinstrap penguins and a plethora of seabirds make this journey a wildlife photographer’s dream. With camera in hand you will explore local bays, channels and landing sites on Zodiacs. Visit penguin rookeries, scout for humpback and minke whales, and search for a number of southern seal species, including the cunning leopard seal.
- Take the best possible photos of the remote landscapes and unique wildlife of the Atlantic Peninsula with the assistance of an onboard photography expert (suitable for non-photographers, too)
- Learn about the unique history, geology and wildlife of the region from polar experts
- With a professional photographer on-hand to provide guidance, you’ll be uniquely positioned to make the most of an opportunity few people get to experience: setting foot on the Great White Continent
- Photograph beaches teeming with thousands of king penguins in some of the largest rookeries in the world
- A diversity of possible landing sites and activities allows you to see the spectacular Antarctic Peninsula from multiple perspectives
- Take a refreshing 'polar plunge' in the icy sea and experience the ultimate in Antarctic weather
- Optional activities such as sea kayaking among seals and icebergs can take your adventure to the next level. Book early, as these sell out fast
- See abundant species of whales, seabirds, seals and penguins on regular Zodiac excursions, camera at the ready
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust