Peru Inti Raymi & Archaeology
Peru is a country in the midst of a cultural revival. It’s only in the last century that the country’s proud inhabitants have broken free of the shackles imposed by the Spanish conquest to embrace their ancestral Quechua language and customs, including the Inti Raymi – one of the most important festivals of the Inca calendar. Full of colour, movement and spectacle, this unique event offers a rare glimpse into ancient Inca life. Join us on a Peruvian adventure from the capital’s thriving food scene to the wildlife-filled Ballestas Island. Fly over the cryptic Nazca Lines and explore the white streets of Arequipa. Experience not one, but two visits to the iconic Machu Picchu in celebration of the winter solstice and finish up in ancient Cuzco in time for historic Inti Raymi itself.
- Attend one of the most important festivals of the Inca calendar, Inti Raymi (Festival of the Sun), and witness the colourful processions, traditional dances and historical re-enactments
- The floating reed islands of Uros on Lake Titicaca are a marvel of concept, construction and history. Take a boat tour on the world's highest navigable lake, then spend two nights on a private Island overlooking Lake Titicaca
- Visit the iconic Machu Picchu not once, but twice! Witness the winter solstice at Machu Picchu on your second visit
- Journey to the magnificent Colca Canyon, which is deeper than the Grand Canyon and dotted with ancient villages
- Peru is a world-class culinary destination. Visit an area unknown to tourists in Lima and try a variety of street food and authentic Peruvian desserts
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust