North Vietnam Coastal Cruising with Sapa
Travel to Sapa and uncover the jewel of Vietnam's verdant northwest. The region is home to terraced mountainsides descending into valleys like magnificent staircases, a multitude of minority cultures, and quaint villages hidden in the distant green hills. This adventure features a stay at a lodge deep in the misty mountains of Hoang Lien National Park, a stand out destination for budding shutterbugs with photographic opportunities around every turn. With plenty of scenery and exotic wildlife to discover, this is Vietnam at its picturesque best. Then embark on a small-ship adventure cruise which offers a chance to experience the coastline in a way few tourists have. Starting in Hanoi, visit not only Halong Bay, historic Hue, and the important war sites of Vinh Moc and Khe Sanh, but also the largely unknown natural paradise of Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park. This immense, unspoiled haven takes the ancient limestone scenery to the next level – or more precisely, underground. If there’s one natural wonder to see in Vietnam before it changes, this is the one.
- Embark on several of Sapa's scenic day treks. With idyllic green landscapes, ethnic hill-tribe villages and hidden waterfalls, this is a slice of Vietnam that will linger long in the memory.
- Your two night feature stay on the verdant hilltops surrounding Sapa will give you a stunning perspective of this beautiful country.
- Be rewarded at the end of your trekking with spectacular views of the Hoang Lien mountains while enjoying the comforts of your hilltop lodge.
- Pick a path through the terraced rice fields of Sapa, which shimmer like mirrors after being watered by local farmers.
- Finish with a superb dining experience at KOTO, a Hanoi institution sponsored by The Intrepid Foundation dedicated to training disadvantaged youth in hospitality.
- Witness the spectacle of early morning exercise at Hoan Kiem Lake in Hanoi. Here the local rituals could be anything from laughing yoga to ballroom dancing
- Be enchanted by the dreamlike scenery of Ha Long Bay, Vietnam’s must-see natural wonder of limestone islands
- Venture to where relatively few tourists have gone before – the extraordinary Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park, where caves as long as 30 kilometres were discovered only recently
- Spend time at the Vinh Moc tunnels and Khe Sanh Combat Base, both of which provide an eye-opening insight into the America-Vietnam war
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust