Mongolia's Nadaam Festival
The colourful history of Asia hangs brightly on Mongolia’s sleeve, from ancient times through to the rise and fall of communism. Alongside the temples and museums is a surfeit of natural and human wonders – the singing sands of Khongoriin Els, the dramatic landscape in Khustai National Park, and the exciting Nadaam Festival!
- Celebrate the Nadaam Festival like a local and watch and learn about the games with the professional wrestlers and archers.
- Stay in tourist Ger Camps along the way - these are cosy, funished traditional tents.
- Travel across the vast expanses of the Gobi Desert and see its 'Flaming Cliffs'
- Discover Mongolia's rich cultural heritage, from the country’s original Buddhist temple to the city built by Genghis Khan
- Climb to the top of the giant sweeping sand dunes of Khongoriin Els and experience the natural phenomenon of the ‘singing dunes’
- Search out the wildlife that calls Mongolia home – vultures, marmots and Takhi horses of Khustai National Park
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust