Mexico & Cuba in Depth
This comprehensive tour takes in both Mexico and Cuba. From the unique buzz of Mexico City, travel deep into the past at the mysterious archaeological ruins of Teotihuacan, then see the old and new collide in the colonial cities of Oaxaca and San Cristobal de las Casas. Great civilisations thrived here and left their mark everywhere – see it next in the magnificent Maya ruins of Palenque, and Chichen Itza. Finish up on the Yucatan Peninsula, where days of exploring ruins in balmy weather are rewarded with white sand beaches and turquoise waters. Then take a flight to Havana and see all its faded glory, waiting to be explored. Look behind the legend of Che Guevara, witness daily life in Vinales’ verdant tobacco fields, peel back the curtain on Santiago de Cuba’s ballet culture, wander the French-infused waterfront of Cienfuegos, dance to Cuban rhythms in Trinidad and go snorkelling in the Bay of Pigs. Finish it off with a cruise through Havana’s grand old streets in a classic American convertible.
THIS COMBINATION TRIP WILL BE DISCONTINUED IN 2019. The sub trips 'Mexico in Depth' (PSMI) & 'Cuba Highlights' (PSTV) that make up this combination trip will continue to run in 2019, however due to limited interest, we are no longer offering it as a packaged combination trip.
- Take on a Mexico City taco crawl and explore a variety of flavours as you also learn about the families and stories behind some of the most popular taquerias in town.
- Your 3-night Feature stay at Hotel Geneve in Mexico City is a property with more than 100 years of history. This elegant 'museum hotel' is located in the Pink zone, close to restaurants and shops
- Oaxaca is not just travelled with feet and eyes, there’s also a delicious street-food scene to discover – Don't take our word for it, try it first hand on a cooking class in Oaxaca
- Visit Palenque archaeological site in the company of a professional archaeologist.
- Learn from local experts and artists some of Mexico's best kept secrets, from beeswax candle crafting to the art of distilling mescal
- Get behind the scenes and discover real Cuban life. Explore avant-garde sculpture with a local artist in Ciego de Avila, visit the tobacco fields for a snapshot of rural life in Vinales and take a private tour of a ballet theatre in Santiago de Cuba
- History enthusiasts will not be disappointed. Visit Che Guevara Mausoleum and Museum in Santa Clara, and learn about the Bay of Pigs Invasion at the Gion Museum
- The French-founded port town of Cienfuegos is a real slice of heaven. Enjoy a drink on the roof of its crown-jewel building, the Palacio del Valle
- See why Trinidad is a favourite among so many Peregrine travellers. Your time in this old-world Cuban town includes a salsa dance lesson and plenty of time for seaside leisure
- Your 5-night Feature stay at Hotel Nacional in Havana which is considered a symbol of history, culture and Cuban identity
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust