Mexico & Costa Rica Highlights
Mexico is all laid before you in this most comprehensive exploration of an intoxicating country. From the unique buzz of Mexico City, travel deep into the past at the mysterious archaeological ruins of Teotihuacan, then see the old and new collide in the colonial cities of Puebla and Oaxaca. Great civilisations thrived here and left their mark everywhere – see it next in the magnificent Maya ruins of Palenque and Chichen Itza.
Continue your Central America explorarion in Costa Rica, where national parks are blessed with some of the greatest diversity of flora and fauna in the world. Depart for Tortuguero, where you can learn about indigenous turtle catching and conservation efforts. At La Fortuna you can explore the base of the mighty Arenal Volcano from your unique perch high in the trees. Visit butterfly gardens at Monteverde's outstanding tropical cloud forest and wildlife sanctuaries. Relax on some of Costa Rica's finest beaches, with long stretches of beautiful white sand backed by lush jungle.
THIS COMBINATION TRIP WILL BE DISCONTINUED IN 2019. The 'Mexico in Depth' (PSMI) sub trip that is a part of this combination trip will continue to run in 2019, however will be changed. There will be a new standalone Costa Rica trip 'Costa Rica Highlights' (PSCH) replacing the other sub trip; Please check back in a few months for more details on this itinerary.
- Your 3-night Feature stay at Hotel Geneve in Mexico City is a property with more than 100 years of history. This elegant 'museum hotel' is located in the Pink zone, close to restaurants and shops
- Take on a Mexico City taco crawl and explore a variety of flavours as you also learn about the families and stories behind some of the most popular taquerias in town.
- Oaxaca is not just travelled with feet and eyes, there’s also a delicious street-food scene to discover – Don't take our word for it, try it first hand on a cooking class in Oaxaca
- Visit Palenque archaeological site in the company of a professional archaeologist.
- Learn from local experts and artists some of Mexico's best kept secrets, from beeswax candle crafting to the art of distilling mescal
- Journey to Tortuguero National Park and learn about local turtle conservation projects
- Your 2-night Feature stay at Mawamba Lodge in Tortuguero is nestled in the evergreen forest - accessible only by boat or air - this spacious, rustic lodge sits between the ocean and the canals
- Call in at a small family-owned coffee farm, Cafe San Luis, and be taken through the coffee making process, from crop to cup.
- Discover untouched forests at Monteverde, considered by many to be one of the world's most outstanding tropical cloudforest and wildlife sanctuaries
- Explore Manuel Antonio National Park in the company of one who knows it best – a local guide who's family first settled in it.
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust