The glories of this ancient land (now known as Myanmar) are revealed to travellers in this journey. We start in Yangon, a city crowned by the magnificent Shwedagon Pagoda, then fly to Mandalay, before journeying on to the fabled 11th century capital, Bagan. The Inle Lake region exudes tranquility and enables us to sample the hospitality of the local people who call this part of the world home.
- See how Kyaiktiyo Pagoda (Golden Rock), balanced on the edge of cliff, covered in golden leaf and topped with a small stupa, embodies the beauty and spirituality of Myanmar
- Support communities directly, from the hill market of Myanmar's "vegetable garden" outside of Bagan.
- Witness the incredible sight of Bagan's 4,000 temples and monasteries, plus take in the memorable scene from a sunset cruise on the Ayeyarwady River
- Travel to the village of Kyunkalay, an undeveloped town beyond Bagan that you won’t find mentioned in any guidebooks. Learn how locals are working with ActionAid Myanmar and using responsible tourism to improve local infrastructure and living conditions.
- The Inle Lake region exudes tranquillity and enables us to sample the hospitality of the local people who call this part of the world home
- Enjoy plenty of time to explore Yangon, home to one of the world's true religious jewels, Shwedagon Pagoda
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust