Lost Tribes of Ethiopia
*** From 27 January 2019 this trip will no longer visit the Mursi & Karo tribes but rather the lesser known Ari & Daensch tribes to give you a more authentic experience. Further the itinerary will decrease to 9 days and will finish on arrival at Addis Ababa airport for your onward flight, or with a group transfer to your post trip accommodation. The 08 Jan 2019 trip will remain on the current 10 day itinerary. ***
A brilliant opportunity to explore the Omo Valley, home to a diverse and fascinating range of distinct tribal groups. Explore by 4WD with your local leader, stopping at local markets and villages to discover one of Africa's last great wilderness areas.
- Uncover the eight distinct tribes that call the Omo Valley home, and gain a deeper understanding and respect for their lifestyle and traditions.
- Venture out on a game walk through the grasslands of the Nechisar Plain in search of zebra, kudu, and gazelle.
- Learn about the importance of scarification and hair grooming for the Karo & Hamer people in the market town of Turmi.
- Perched on a cliff crest, our Feature Stay Paradise Lodge, has spectacular views across to Abra Minch’s ‘Bridge of God’ – take in the scenery during your two-night stay.
- Enjoy a sundowner, local music and dancing on the terrace of our Konso lodge.
- Head out to one of the capital's iconic restaurants for a farewell dinner complete with live music and dance performances - the perfect chance to put your newfound Ethiopian dance moves to the test.
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust