Lake Titicaca Experience - Independent
Fed by five major river systems and comprising some 40 islands, Lake Titicaca is not only one of South America’s biggest and highest lakes but also one of its most fascinating arenas of pre-Hispanic cultures. From the floating islands of the Uru people to the handwoven gems of the Taquileños, this independent experience offers a new surprise at every turn. End your journey on the remote Suasi Island, where abundant wildlife, marvellous lake panoramas and the comfort of a luxury eco-lodge create an unforgettable snapshot of Peru.
Independent travel, without the stress. Peregrine’s Independent Experiences are a range of short ‘mini tours’ that you can add to other Experiences or as an extension to a longer tour, to craft your perfect holiday itinerary. Independent Experiences are for 1-3 travellers, come accompanied by a local Peregrine guide and depart daily. /experiences
Services on this trip:
Please note, on this trip not all services are private. Services in the Lake Titicaca are shared so you may be taking park in activities with likeminded travellers from other companies.
- Explore the islands of South America's largest freshwater lake with local guide
- Discover the ingenious floating islands that were hand-built by the indigenous Uru locals of Lake Titicaca
- Experience the traditional culture of the Taquilenos and browse their beautiful handwoven apparel
- Spot many of the exotic wildlife varieties that flourish in this lush region, keeping your eyes peeled for the Titicaca water frog
- Stay at Suasi Island's exclusive solar-powered ecolodge - an ideal place to watch the sun set over the water
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust