Piedmont Food Explorer
Discover some of the north’s most delicious culinary traditions and regional delights on this eight-day Italian food adventure. Be treated to a traditional apricena in Milan, offering a selection of specialties to begin your evening the right way. Visit the gastronomically rich Bologna, where local producers prized ham and some of the best balsamic vinegar in the country, not to mention the world-famous Bolognese. Hunt for white truffles in the picturesque, castle-studded hills of the Piedmont region, and sample hazelnut-infused chocolate and the delectable flavours of the slow food movement in elegant Turin. Italy is truly a culinary haven, and this region offers the best of the best.
- Italy is an epicurean paradise, but as a visitor, it can be hard to escape the tourist traps. Your local leaders will give you an insider's guide to the specialty food and wine in the three regions visited.
- Discover the thriving tradition of apricena in Milan – a perfect combination of a pre-dinner snack (aperitivo) and dinner (cena).
- The Piedmont region is one of the most beautiful parts of Italy, gifted with rolling hills topped with centuries-old castles. It also produces some of the best wine grapes in the country and rare white truffles.
- Tasting the real balsamic vinegar in an attic of a former farmhouse in Modena is a revelation – it'll be hard to not buy a bottle or two for the road.
- Join a rural truffle hunter on a live action truffle hunt and feast on your treasures at a local farmhouse.
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust