Greek Island Odyssey
The god Apollo himself was born on these islands, so could there be a more appropriate place for a holiday? The Greek islands are home to a wealth of ancient history, incredible food and sun-kissed locals eager to toast your arrival with a glass of ouzo. Soak up the million dollar views of the Cyclades while relaxing on Santorini, stroll through the lush gardens of Crete, and discover the old world charm of Mykonos’ famous white streets. Whether you’re searching for tumbledown ruins and ancient myths, or simply a stretch of sand by the Mediterranean to read a book, Greece has it all in spades.
- Take part in an Athenian feast in the pulsing Psiri neighbourhood in Greece's capital.
- Enjoy three nights of excellent Cretan hospitality at the Halepa Hotel in Chania, our 'feature stay' on this trip. This gorgeous neoclassical building was used as the British Embassy in the 1800s.
- Take guided hikes through some of Greece most staggering landscapes, such as Santorini's famed caldera.
- Discover the local history with included visits to the Thira Prehistoric Museum and the mythical archaeological site of Delos Island.
- There's plenty of free time in Crete, Mykonos and Santorini to relax by the cool blue waters of the Mediterranean.
- Stopover at a local tavern in the village of Vamos on Crete and enjoy a typical Greek moment with meze, a meal shared around the table, done for centuries by the locals. Clink glasses with the locals and wash it all down with the traditional local white spirit raki.
- Enjoy a sunset picnic overlooking the caldera away from the crowds. Indulge in local cheese, ham and bread, all complimented by a local grape variety and a world-class view.
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust