Grand Africa: Cairo to Cape Town
For the wildlife lover travelling through Africa's top national parks makes for one of life's most rewarding adventures. And on this grand adventure the icing on the cake is witnessing the ancient sites of Egypt. Let our local leaders introduce you to Africa's lions, elephants, leopards and pyramids of Giza!
- This grand adventure takes us from one end of the African continent to the other and offers an in-depth experience that combines ancient history with wildlife and breathtaking scenery.
- Uncover the mysteries of Egypt and admire pharaonic treasures as we embark on a cruise up the Nile, witnessing the local rural life along the river as we meander along.
- A four-night river cruise is the ideal way to experience the Nile. Rest and relax on the sundeck and in the pool while local riverside life streams by.
- Experience not only the warmth and charm of Nubian hospitality, but also some delicious traditional cuisine with a home cooked meal.
- Pull up in the Serengeti National Park and enjoy a refreshing sundowner and some nibbles before carrying on to you camp.
- Experience a real safari camp in the African bush at our comfortable mobile tented camp; Kati Kati, a feature stay on this trip located in central Serengeti. While here, enjoy a private dinner under the stars while listening to the sounds of the Serengeti.
- The 'Big Five' await us as do many other members of the animal kingdom. Zanzibar is our perfect halfway stop with its stunning beaches and evocative old town.
- Visit the Maasai, known for their vibrant red dress and elaborate jewellery, and enjoy a fascinating talk, full of insights into this remarkable and ancient culture.
- Southern Africa offers us more stunning wildlife experiences, Mother Nature's landmark places such as Victoria Falls, Okavango Delta, Fish River Canyon and Table Mountain.Head out on an afternoon excursion to the Makgadikgadi Pans, looking out for meerkats and meandering elephants, and enjoy a sundowner in the shadow of an old baobab tree.
- The magnificent Okavango Delta by houseboat and perhaps the hidden jewel of African wildlife reserves - Etosha National Park
- Enjoy a wine and cheese tasting experience on a working wine farm in the Olifants River Valley, with your host ‘Sparky’.
- Rise early and witness the colourful sunrise and a picnic breakfast from the edge of Fish River Canyon, the second largest chasm of its type in the world.
- Spend 2 nights in Kati Kati tented camp, Serengeti, 2 nights in Vic Falls Safari Lodge,and 2 nights in Canyon Lodge, Fish River Canyon, all feature stays on this trip.
- Step inside Faldela's Purple House in the Bo-Kaap region of Cape Town for an authentic home-cooked dinner. Taste some of the traditional dishes such as 'Bredie', 'Chilli Bites' and 'Koesisters'.
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust