Explore Jordan & Oman
With the sweeping desert and echoing formations of Wadi Rum, the hidden, hand-hewn facades of Petra and the ancient Roman ruins at Jerash all make Jordan a true adventurer’s paradise. Then travel to Oman and explore the historic city of Muscat and drive along the coast to the bubbling fishing village of Barka. By 4WD, travel to the rugged interior and the splendid forts of Nakhal and Al Hazm, framed by the spectacular Jebel Akhdar Mountains. Continue on to explore the beautiful oasis at Wadi Bani Khaled, before entering the vast Wahiba Sands – where we sleep at a rustic desert camp under a blanket of brilliant stars. Meet the people, learn of their delicate silverware, woodwork and embroidery, and unwind in the cool heights of the Mountain of the Sun, this an inspiring Middle Eastern journey.
- Be awed by the towering, wind-swept rock formations at Wadi Rum, and note how the colours change as the sun makes its way across the sky.
- Journey through the desert to a traditional Bedouin camp and get to know these friendly people before spending a night under a staggeringly beautiful starry sky our Feature Camp in Jordan
- You never forget your first glimpse of The Treasury through narrow canyon walls in Petra, often referred to as the Eighth Wonder of the World. Spend a day taking in the majesty and mystery of this unforgettable place.
- Experience the unique sensation of floating in the Dead Sea.
- Immerse yourself in Omani history as you wander among the relics of Muscat's Bait Zubair Museum
- Muttrah's excellent bazaar, laced with the aromas of frankincense and myrrh, offers the perfect first taste of Oman's ancient character Get a glimpse of the 'real' Oman in the charming fishing village of
- Barka, a lovely spot to watch the day's catch being hauled in
- Treat yourself some some traditional Omani hospitality with a onenight camping getaway under the stars in the Wahiba Sands our Feature Stay in Oman
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust