Explore Iran & Turkey
Explore two of the most historically and culturally rich countries in the world, places where numerous empires, conquerors and civilisations have left their mark. Go behind the headlines and uncover the true Iran, a welcoming country of open-hearted people redefining the word ‘hospitality’. From breath-taking mosques to stepped hillside villages, Ancient Persepolis and Zoroastrian towers, the beauty of the Iranian landscape is a reflection of its inhabitants. Journey to Turkey, a tantalisingly exotic country that mixes the cosmopolitan delights of Istanbul with ancient cities and natural wonders. Visit a dazzling architectural world, from the Blue Mosque and Ephesus, to the bizarre rock-landscape of Cappadocia. Come on a rewarding adventure that takes in one of the world’s least-visited countries.
Before booking on this trip we recommend that you read the ‘Safety’ section in the trip notes regarding special safety considerations for Iran trips.
- Explore one of the greatest cities of antiquity, Persepolis. The relief carvings and towering columns will leave you in no doubt that this was once the centre of the known world
- Once a major stop on the Silk Road, visit Yazd and discover the role religion plays in the city, from the impressive Jameh Mosque to the Zoroastrian towers and temples
- Spend 2 nights at our 'feature stay' hotel in Yazd; an old renovated caravanserai that dates back to nearly a century ago
- Soak up the sights and atmosphere of the jewel in the crown of Persia, the beautiful town of Esfahan.
- Step back in time at Ephesus, where the Greco-Roman world still feels very much alive. This is one of the best preserved classical cities in all of Europe and yet to be completely excavated
- Spend some time reflecting on battles fought and lives lost in Gallipoli. This peaceful place has seen many atrocities due to its significant role in WW1
- Enjoy 2 nights at 'feature stay' hotel in Selcuk /Ephesus a rustic boutique style series of old Ottoman residences renovated in an authentic and unique style
- Be mesmerised by the lunar landscape of Cappadocia and explore an underground city
- Visit the iconic 17th century Blue Mosque, with its unusual number of six minarets and striking collection of Iznik tiles
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust