European Christmas Markets - Limited Edition
Get into the Christmas spirit with this unforgettably festive journey through Austria, France and Germany. On this winter wonderland trip, stroll through Munich’s streets, snow crunching underfoot as you take in the famous markets. Soak up the sights and sounds, warm up with a spiced gluhwein or sample some roasted chestnuts in Salzburg – the perfect accompaniment to a cinnamon baked apple. Take a trip out into the countryside for a closer look at the historic Neuschwanstein Castle and have a traditional Weisswurst breakfast at the monk-run Ettal Abbey. Shop for handicrafts and gifts in Vienna, and take a little piece of this incredible Christmas adventure with you when you leave.
- Taste tradition with a classic German dinner in a lively Bavarian Beer Hall in Munich
- See the fairy-tale turrets of Neuschwanstein Castle and explore the opulent royal hallways and chambers of this regal storybook palace with the expertise of the local specialist
- Witness an exclusive handicraft demonstration at the local market stall and see how the decorations were made hundred years ago
- Sample traditional Weisswurst breakfast from a Bavarian Benedictine brewery in Salzburg
- Be surrounded by the musical brilliance of Mozart in his hometown – see his birthplace and sample sweet traditional Mozartkugel in beautiful, baroque Salzburg
- Navigate the nooks and crannies of the beautiful, atmospheric Ettal Abbey
- The aromas of roasted chestnuts and gluhwein (mulled wine) lead to a festive wonderland on the cobbled streets of Vienna’s Christmas markets
- With its clear, emerald green water, Eibsee Lake it is truly one of the most beautiful lakes in the Bavarian Alps. Your feature stay hotel is located on the shore of the lake. What better location could you dream of?
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust