Essence of Nepal & Bhutan
This adventure encompasses much of what makes Nepal so beloved by travellers. Whether you’re exploring the exotic capital of Kathmandu, discovering Pokhara, beneath awe-inspiring snow-capped peaks, or exploring the rural beauty around the hilltop village of Tansen, finding spirituality in Lumbini - the birth place of Buddha or exploring Chitwan National Park in search of big game. Undoubtedly the amazing flight to view Sagarmatha (Mount Everest) up-close will take your breath away. Nepal is incredible. You’ll be left with no doubt why so many return to the country time and time again.
Bhutan is perhaps the most mysterious and diverse of all the Himalayan kingdoms, where for centuries a traditional Buddhist culture has thrived in isolation from the rest of the world. It is a country that puts its people and environment first – a place where progress is measured in gross national happiness not GDP, and that’s not just carbon neutral, but carbon negative. It’s a place of lush forested valleys, fortified monasteries, sacred mountains, and art and architecture unique to the region. This journey begins in Paro and heads straight to Thimphu, where there are two days to discover the history and heritage of this charming and serene capital. Walk in the countryside and back in time with visits to the beautiful Punakha and Haa Valleys. Here the rural lifestyle and architecture of Bhutan is explored before returning to Paro. Finish with a true highlight – the spectacular Taktsang (the Tiger’s Nest), a small monastery clinging to a rocky cliff 900 metres above the valley floor. A journey through the astonishing beauty of the people, landscape and culture of Bhutan will have your happiness levels off the scale.
- Beginning in Kathmandu, there's ample time to discover the capital's staggeringly rich cultural and artistic heritage
- Whether it's flying, hiking, driving or canoeing, you'll experience Nepal's stunning natural beauty from all angles
- A breathtaking Everest flight gives you the chance to witness some truly world-class mountain scenery
- The beautiful Chitwan National Park, brimming with exotic bird life and game, offers a vast array of activities. Enjoy a jeep safari and a jungle walk with an expert resident naturalist
- Bhutan is perhaps the most mysterious and diverse of all the Himalayan kingdoms, where for centuries a traditional Buddhist culture has thrived in isolation from the rest of the world.
- It is a land of contrast - with lush forested valleys, fortified monasteries, sacred mountains, art and architecture unique to the region.
- The capital Thimphu is charming and serene, a delight to explore.
- The opportunity to explore the rural lifestyle and architecture of Bhutan via the beautiful Punakha and Haa Valleys
- Visiting Taktsang (the Tiger's Nest) - a small monastery clinging to a rocky cliff 900 metres above the valley floor in Paro is truly a highlight.
- Unique 'features stays' in each country, one with breathtaking views from your river front cottage in Chitwan National Park, the other boasting elaborate hand-carved wooden cornices, masterful stonework, and modern amenities in a Heritage Lodge and Spa.
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust