Egypt Dahabiya Nile River Cruise - Limited Edition
Immerse yourself in the spirit of 1920s exploration on this seven-day River Nile journey. Egypt has long fascinated the worldly traveller, and if there were a golden age of travel, it could be traced to the discovery of Tutankhamun’s tomb in 1922, and further still to the publication of the first Egypt guidebook in 1835. Step back to those times and stay in a plush riverside winter retreat of the Egyptian royal family, enjoy full-board hospitality sailing the Nile on an elegant dahabiya (the Nile houseboat of yore), visit colourful Nubian villages still alive with ancient cultures, and explore must-see ancient sites such as the Valley of the Kings and the Temple of Karnak. Retracing the footsteps of the great explorers, this limited edition Upper Egypt adventure shines a light on Nile life like no other.
- Immerse yourself in life on the Nile at the ideal pace, enriching your experience of these ancient cultures and histories through the expert guidance of a trained Egyptologist
- Sailing by dahabiya is a more intimate experience, with visits to sites and islands others don’t see – such as El Kab, the ancient city of Nekheb
- Stay in Luxor’s opulent Winter Place, an outstanding hotel built in 1886 by British explorers to host royal families from Europe and the East. Our Feature Stay Hotel
- Explore the great open-air museum of Luxor, visiting sites such as Karnak Temple and the famous Valley of the Kings
- Enjoy authentic cuisine at every step of the journey, taking in the flavours of the Middle East and the Mediterranean in the atmospheric dining room on deck
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust