Cruising Spain and Portugal - Lisbon to Malaga
The south of Portugal and Spain sail somewhat under the radar in comparison to their northern brethren. Board the elegant Harmony G and experience the glories of their southern coast – fascinating cities, culture-filled small towns, and the chance to slip off the boat’s swimming platform into welcoming waters. Beginning in the cosmopolitan capital of Lisbon, take the chance to explore atmospheric medieval citadels from a base at Portimao. Then voyage on to joyous Seville – striking for its flamboyance, flamenco and monuments – and Jerez de la Frontera, a place to soak in traditional Moorish architecture and sip sherry. Continue to the famous ‘Rock’ of Gibraltar, then choose an excursion to Ronda in the Andalucían hills, where a spectacular bridge gaps a town-splitting gorge. Take the chance to explore Granada, filled with Moorish architecture, tapas bars and natural beauty, then dock in Malaga. Offering the flexibility of a day spent exploring the culture and history of a stop or simply soaking up the sun with a book on the upper deck, this adventure cruise is a unique way to experience the Iberian lifestyle.
- If you’re concerned about long days at sea, this is the tour for you: we’ve broken up the itinerary with plenty of optional shore excursions like Silves, Monchique and the Moorish gem, Jerez de La Frontera.
- While bigger cruise liners have to moor out at sea and commute into shore via tender, we’ll drop anchor in the port of Seville. You can hop on or off the boat as you please.
- This trip includes a guided visit to the ‘Rock’ of Gibraltar. You’ll catch a cable car to the top of the old English colony, and see the Barbary Apes running wild at the Middle Station.
- This itinerary includes an optional day tour in Seville, one of our favourite cities in Europe. You’ll see the Cathedral, Alcazar Palace (and its famous Andalusian gardens), plus the shady lakes of Maria Luia Park.
- Our small ship means we can drop anchor in secluded bays between Portimao, Cadiz and Malaga and swim right off the back of the boat.
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust