Croatia and Italy by Land and Sea
Join Peregrine on this new adventure cruise heading north from Split to discover what makes Croatia’s coast so special. The clear waters of the Adriatic await with a salty embrace, ready to welcome travellers and reveal its national parks, glittering bays and historic Old Towns nestled on the rocky shoreline. From the canals of Venice to the historic streets of Rome, Italy is constantly familiar and endlessly surprising. Catch the top-tier sights – Venice’s bridges, Pisa’s Leaning Tower and Rome’s Colosseum – and combine them with the humble delights of the fine food of Tuscany, natural vistas and unearthed cultural treasures. This journey will have you living la bella vita in no time.
- Visit the stunning Kornati National Park, the biggest and most incredible collection of islands in the entire Adriatic Sea, once described by playwright George Bernard Shaw as God’s special creation of tears, stars and breath.
- Experience the Sea Organ in Zadar, an incredible marriage of acoustical engineering and historical art with a shot of local liqueur as the literal cherry on top.
- Soak up hundreds of years of history in the Old Towns of Rab, Krk and Sibinek.
- Feast on the freshest seafood imaginable up and down the coast (but be sure to wait two hours before swimming).
- Travel the romantic, winding waterways of Venice in a traghetto and lose yourself in the town's myriad alleyways – best done with a lot of time and no map
- Hike to one charming village after another along the picturesque Cinque Terre, or take the train for a more leisurely experience without missing the stunning scenery
- Discover the abundance of art and culture in Florence, Italy's outdoor museum. Be sure to visit the Accademia, home to the famous David by Michelangelo
- Fall in love with Rome, a city that makes you gasp at every turn and effortlessly combines ancient history with modern architecture
- Nestled in the postcard-perfect vineyards of Tuscany's Chianti region, your feature-stay on this trip is a five-star hotel housed in a former medieval monastery
- Join a local shop-keeper for a Pesto making class in Levanto. Make your own pesto and enjoy it with a glass of wine afterwards
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust