Costa Rica & Cuba
The national parks of Costa Rica are blessed with some of the greatest diversity of flora and fauna in the world. Depart for Tortuguero, where you can learn about indigenous turtle catching and conservation efforts. Explore the base of the mighty Arenal Volcano from your unique perch high in the trees. Relax on some of Costa Rica's finest beaches. Experience Cuba’s finest on a 13-day journey across the colourful Caribbean island. Combining leisure, culture, coast and country, discover the depth of Cuba’s most fascinating traditions. Witness daily life in Vinales’ verdant tobacco fields, peel back the curtain on Santiago de Cuba’s ballet culture, wander the French-infused waterfront of Cienfuegos or dance to Cuban rhythms in Trinidad Finish it off with a cruise through Havana’s grand old streets in a classic American convertible.
THIS COMBINATION TRIP WILL BE DISCONTINUED IN 2019. The 'Cuba Highlights' (PSTV) sub trip that is a part of this combination trip will continue to run in 2019 and is unchanged. There will be a new standalone Costa Rica trip 'Costa Rica Highlights' (PSCH) replacing the other sub trip; Please check back in a few months for more details on this itinerary.
- The stunning national parks of Costa Rica are endowed with some of the greatest diversity of flora and fauna in the world
- Journey to Tortuguero National Park and learn about local turtle conservation projects
- Discover untouched forests at Monteverde, considered by many to be one of the world's most outstanding tropical cloudforest and wildlife sanctuaries
- Get behind the scenes and discover real Cuban life. Explore avant-garden sculpture with a local artist in Ciego de Avila, visit the tobacco fields for a snapshot of rural life in Vinales and take a private tour of a ballet theatre in Santiago de Cuba
- See why Trinidad is a favourite among so many Peregrine travellers. Your time in this old-world Cuban town includes a salsa dance lesson and plenty of time for seaside leisure
- Conclude your journey by riding through the streets of Havana in a vintage American convertible
- Your 2-night Feature stay at Mawamba Lodge in Tortuguero is nestled in the evergreen forest - accessible only by boat or air - this spacious, rustic lodge sits between the ocean and the canals
- Your 5-night Feature stay at Hotel Nacional in Havana which is considered a symbol of history, culture and Cuban identity
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust