Complete Central America
Embark on the ultimate journey through Central America. This in-depth trip spends six weeks exploring the depths of the continent, beginning in Mexico City and finishing down in San Jose. Marvel at Aztec ruins in Mexico, discover a lost Maya underworld in the jungles of Belize, interact with artistic lakeside communities in Guatemala, travel the ‘Route of the Flowers’ in El Salvador, and explore the wildlife sanctuaries and cloud forests of Costa Rica. Along the way, take the many opportunities to interact with the locals, the ones who give these places the Latin American verve they’re famous for.
THIS COMBINATION TRIP WILL BE DISCONTINUED IN 2019. The 'Mexico in Depth' (PSMI) sub trip that is a part of this combination trip will continue to run in 2019, however will be changed. There will be a new standalone Guatemala trip 'Guatemala Highlights' (PSGH) and 'Costa Rica Highlights' (PSCH) replacing the other sub trips; Please check back in a few months for more details on this itinerary.
- Your 3-night Feature stay at Hotel Geneve in Mexico City is a property with more than 100 years of history. This elegant 'museum hotel' is located in the Pink zone, close to restaurants and shops
- Get up close and personal with Mexico’s diverse heritage, from the extraordinary Aztec temples of Teotihuacan to the colourfully-dressed Maya folk of the hills of San Cristobal
- Blaze the trail in Belize and enjoy a superb array of nature-based activities. Cruise across a lagoon on a guided birdwatching excursion, and hike through the forest to a hidden Maya burial ground
- Overlooked by the majestic Volcan de Agua, Antigua is a cobblestoned maze of colourful buildings, leafy town squares and ornate churches
- Step back in time in Suchitoto, learning the history of El Salvador from those who have lived through it. Learn cigar rolling from 98-year-old Nina Victoria, and hike through Cinquera Rain Forest Park to meet a former FMLN guerrilla fighter
- Your 2-night Feature stay at Hotel Atitlan in Panajachel has lake-facing balconies with a rustic Spanish colonial style as well as a manicured botanical garden and volcano views
- Call in at a Cafe San Luis, a small family-owned coffee farm in Costa Rica, and be taken through the coffee making process from crop to cup
- Your 2-night Feature stay at Mawamba Lodge in Tortuguero is nestled in the evergreen forest - accessible only by boat or air - this spacious, rustic lodge sits between the ocean and the canals
- Discover untouched forests at Monteverde, considered by many to be one of the world's most outstanding tropical cloudforest and wildlife sanctuaries
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust