Classical Turkey & the Greek Islands
Combine the cosmopolitan city of Istanbul, classic cities of antiquity and the surreal landscapes of Cappadocia with an island hopping adventure across the Greek Aegean Sea. This is a wonderful Mediterranean mix of antiquity, culture and some of the best cuisine you’ve ever tasted!
- Delve into one the greatest cities on earth as you explore the back streets and alleys of Old Istanbul then spend the night in the classic Legacy Ottoman hotel; designed in 1911 styled as first Turkish national architecture, also called Ottoman Revivalism (your feature stay hotel in Turkey)
- Visit two of the Ancient Wonders of the World; the last column of the Temple of Artemis and the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus
- Explore Turkeys most elegant beachside resort town; Bodrum with its white plastered walls and stylish café culture it is the place to see and be seen.
- Step back in time at Ephesus, where the Greco-Roman world still feels very much alive. This is one of the best preserved classical cities in all of Europe and yet to be completely excavated
- Wander through the valleys of the surreal landscape of Cappadocia and visit an underground city
- Step back in time as you explore Vamos, a 12th-century hill village steeped in tradition and medieval history
- Enjoy a sunset picnic overlooking the caldera away from the crowds. Indulge in local cheese, ham and bread, all complimented by a local grape variety and a world-class view.
- Take part in an Athenian feast in the pulsing Psiri neighbourhood in Greece's capital.
- Enjoy three nights of excellent Cretan hospitality at the Halepa Hotel in Chania. This gorgeous neoclassical building was used as the British Embassy in the 1800s
- Take guided hikes through some of Greece most staggering landscapes, such as Santorini's famed caldera
- Stopover at a local tavern in the village of Vamos and enjoy a typical Greek moment with meze, a meal shared around the table, done for centuries by the locals. Clink glasses with the locals and wash it all down with the traditional local white spirit raki.
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust