Classic Africa Safari
From the vast grasslands of East Africa that support the largest concentration of wildlife in the world; to the the wildlife, wilderness and welcoming people of Botswana, and finishing with landscapes and diversity of Namibia and South Africa. In East Africa get among the massive herds and their predators from the comfort of a 4WD Landcruisers in the Masai Mara, the Serengeti, and the magnificent Ngorongoro Crater – all filled with iconic vistas and animals. Relax on the famed Spice Island of Zanzibar, then soak up the natural wonders in Southern Africa like the Makgadikgadi Pans and Victoria Falls. Continue by overland vehicle to Okavango Delta and Chobe River, where the year-long water supply makes this area a hotbed of wildlife. In Namibia see how vast herds of herbivores make Etosha National Park one of the continent’s premier game-viewing destinations. Then witness Damara culture, with deserts, dunes and canyons, before tasting the wines of South Africa. This is a journey of epic proportions.
- On the plains of the Serengeti and the Masai Mara and within the caldera known as Ngorongoro Crater, find the Africa of your dreams
- Pull up in the Serengeti National Park and enjoy a refreshing sundowner and some nibbles before carrying on to you camp.
- Experience a real safari camp in the African bush in the Serengeti. While here, enjoy a private dinner under the stars while listening to the sounds of the night.
- An incredible abundance of wildlife can be seen roaming the wide savannahs in what has often been described as 'nature's playground'
- Visit the Maasai, known for their vibrant red dress and elaborate jewellery, and enjoy a fascinating talk, full of insights into this remarkable and ancient culture.
- Southern Africa gives us wildlife encounters of varied and contrasting terrains, from wetlands to salt pans and bright orange sandy deserts
- Head out on an afternoon excursion to the Makgadikgadi Pans, looking out for meerkats and meandering elephants, and enjoy a sundowner in the shadow of an old baobab tree.
- The magnificent Okavango Delta by houseboat and perhaps the hidden jewel of African wildlife reserves - Etosha National Park
- Enjoy a wine and cheese tasting experience on a working wine farm in the Olifants River Valley, with your host ‘Sparky’.
- Rise early and witness the colourful sunrise and a picnic breakfast from the edge of Fish River Canyon, the second largest chasm of its type in the world.
- Spend 2 nights in Ang'ata tented camp, Serengeti, 2 nights in Vic Falls Safari Lodge,and 2 nights in Canyon Lodge, Fish River Canyon, all feature stays on this trip
- Witness a San healing ceremony that involves dancing in a circle around open flames
- Step inside Faldela's Purple House in the Bo-Kaap region of Cape Town for an authentic home-cooked dinner. Taste some of the traditional dishes such as 'Bredie', 'Chilli Bites' and 'Koesisters'.
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust