China in Depth
Journey into a land rich in stunning natural scenery, diverse culture, ancient history and drop dropping modern development. Start in Kunming and venture deep into Yunnan province, meet the local Bai people and Tibetan in the ancient town of Dali and Shangrila, hike the roaring Tiger Leaping Gorge and join the pilgrims at Sumtseling Monastery. Fly to the modern Shanghai for a wonder along a the bund and see the amazing historical collections in Shanghai Museum. Learn about Kungfua and Buddhism in Shaolin temple and stand face to face to a Terra Cotta Army. Spend a night in a courtyard house at the foot of the Great Wall and be amazed with the intricate traditional paper cutting skills.
- Explore the highlights of ancient China, from the draw dropping Tiger Leaping Gorge to the majestic 2000 years old Terra Cotta Army
- Spend time with a local family in Xizhou and learn about their traditional way of life. Try your hand at cheese making and share a local lunch.
- Hike through the most stunning parts of Tiger Leaping Gorge, listening to the Jinsha Rver roaring through the mist capped mountains.
- Wander through a Tibetan village in the dreamy Shangrila pasture lands. Learn about Tibetan culture over a steaming cup of yak butter tea.
- Tour Shanghai’s imminently photogenic Bund, where historic buildings display a variety of architectural styles along a waterfront promenade.
- Taste your way through the delectable halal dishes in the sizzling Muslim Quarter of Xi’an.
- Enjoy a peaceful night in a traditional courtyard guesthouse near the Great Wall and visit a section of the Wall.
- Admire and try your hands at the intricate art of paper cutting from a master from a family that has passed down the tradition for generations.
- Zip through China by bullet train , going as fast as 300km per hour.
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust