Central Europe Unveiled
From their Bohemian roots to the best of Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque and Art Nouveau, these eastern European countries offer such a rich tapestry of culture and history – to say nothing of their world-class cuisine and breathtaking natural beauty. Explore mysterious castles, visit colourful small villages, tackle mountain trails and taste exquisite local food and wine on this epic detour from Prague to Berlin.
- A city of unrivalled European beauty, Prague will take your breath away before you’ve even started. Take a guided tour of Prague Castle, then watch the old town transform into a bohemian’s paradise after dark
- As well as guided tours in major cities like Berlin and Vienna, this trip takes you deeper into the histories of eastern Europe. Enjoy sparkling wine and narrative in Cesky Krumlov, explore the ancient village of Zalipie, and ponder the secrets of Ksiaz castle in Walbrzych
- Epicureans will not be disappointed. Dine beneath a castle in Budapest, taste “bull’s blood” wine in Egar, and sample the delicious Polish smoked cheese Oscypek in the place where it’s exclusively made
- Wander delightful Zalipie, where nearly every immovable object is decorated with hand-painted floral motives
- Break up your journey with some fresh air in the gorgeous Tatra Mountains, with free time to explore world-class hiking trails
- Experience a night in your feature stay hotel that is located in the largest castle in Silesia region of Poland. Old and beautiful castle is perched on top of the hill overlooking river gorge and nearby lands.
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust