Borneo and the Malaysian and Thai Islands by Land and Sea - Phuket to Kota Kinabalu
Enjoy the stunning west coast of Malaysia and Thailand on a new small-ship adventure cruise. Between the more popular holiday destinations of Phuket and Penang, there’s a medley of smaller islands and villages to explore, each with their own charms – and often far fewer travellers to contend with. Live it up in postcard-perfect Langkawi, choose from leisure and adventure activities in beachside Ao Nang, join in the relaxed pace of local life in Koi Yao Yai, visit waterfalls hidden in the jungle, and use the Andaman Sea as your swimming pool. Then travel to Borneo. With its dense rainforests, tropical coastal islands and mysterious jungle valleys, Borneo is a rare destination these days. It’s a place where you can still encounter nature in its truest form, with a rich variety of colourful and endangered wildlife amidst amazing natural scenery. This trip to the Malaysian state of Sabah and Sarawak takes you face to face with many unique species, including orangutans, proboscis monkeys and hornbills.
- Wake up each morning to the clear azure waters of the Andaman Sea, which you’re free to swim in right off the back of the boat
- Spend an evening at an authentic Thai homestay, enjoying home cooked specialties of the region
- Visit the iconic holiday islands of Penang, Langkawi and Phuket, but also enjoy the natural beauty of Turatao National Park and Koh Yao Yai
- See Krabi's bizarre and beautiful limestone karst formations from the comfort of your small cruise ship
- One of the last remaining wild places on earth, Borneo offers a rare treat for the nature lover. It's one of the world's last two remaining homes to the orangutan
- This year Peregrine adds a new destination to its Borneo adventures, Mulu National Park. Here you can hike through spectacular untouched jungle and visit Asia's longest cave
- The Kinabatangan River is a bird-lover's paradise. All eight of Borneo's hornbill varieties are commonly spotted here
- As well visiting the unique endangered sun bears, gain insight into the rehabilitation of primates at the Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre
- With three internal flights, spend less time travelling and more time taking in the wildlife and natural beauty of your destinations
- Your 2 night feature stay on the Kinabatangan River is in an eco-resort that doesn't sacrifice the environment or comfort and allows you to wake to the sounds of the jungle
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust