Best of Northern Thailand, Laos & Cambodia
Thailand, Laos and Cambodia are home to some of the most beautiful countryside, scenery, temples and architecture in the world. On the surface things may appear chaotic – particularly in Bangkok – but there’s a kind of quiet cohesion that makes everything click into place and keep moving along. Let yourself slip into this relaxed way of life and soak up the atmosphere as you boat along the Mekong River and see magnificent temples in Chiang Mai and Luang Prabang. Learn about the fraught history on the Thai-Burma Railway and then enjoy the whimsy of French colonial architecture meshed with Buddhist temples in Vientiane. Then, travel to Cambodia to discover the dark history of the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek and explore the once ‘lost’ ruins of Angkor, the archaeological treasure of the Khmers. You’ll have plenty of time to explore, discover, taste and experience South East Asia on this illuminating voyage.
- Support an important animal welfare initiative and get close to incredible creatures at the Elephant Nature Park
- Visit the home of the infamous ‘Bridge over the River Kwai’, learn about its dark history and the construction of the railway during the war
- Enjoy lunch on board a slow trip down the Mekong River, observing the stunning scenery and remote village life, and visiting a cave crowded with shrines - all at a relaxed pace
- With a visit to the Hmong Hilltribe Lodge, immerse yourself in the wonders of an ancient tribal culture without compromising on creature comforts
- Unwind in the laid-back jungle town of Luang Prabang. Watch as orange-clad monks gather offerings of rice, fruit and sweets from locals before sunrise in a daily alms giving ceremony
- See the important sights of Phnom Penh on a full-day guided tour around the Cambodian capital. The Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum and Choeung Ek (Killing Fields) are sobering experiences you won't forget
- Enjoy two days of fully guided temple tours in Siem Reap, with in-depth insights into the history of these extraordinary structures and plenty of time at Angkor Wat
- Spend your nights in comfort under the roof of Peregrine standard hotels – centrally located and ideal for relaxing
- Enjoy a visit to a working Buddhist Monastery and meet the resident monks to learn more about this religion and it's importance to the Cambodian people.
- Included flights on this trip makes travelling easy and allows for maximum time in each destination
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust