Arctic Watch Lodge
Get out and explore the wild Canadian Arctic then come home each day to your comfortable base at the Arctic Watch Wilderness Lodge. The world’s most northerly and remote lodge is situated on the northern tip of Somerset Island, which is a world-class beluga whale observation site. On this eight-day adventure you’ll get the full Arctic safari experience, with guided activities and extraordinary wildlife sightings conducted in 24-hour daylight. After an overnight stay in Yellowknife, you’ll be flown to Somerset Island in Nunavut and transferred to the lodge. Each day brings the chance of new wildlife sightings, including beluga whales, ringed seals, polar bears, roaming musk oxen, Arctic foxes, snowy owls and more. Learn to drive all-terrain vehicles, try your hand at kayaking among icebergs, navigate the gentle Cunningham River rapids on a raft and fish for Arctic char at Inukshuk Lake. You can also explore the shorelines and canyons on hikes to Triple Waterfalls, Kayak Falls and the Badlands. The Cunningham River estuary is a beluga whale migration site and it’s so close to the lodge that you can see them from the riverbank. Come home with a memory card full of unique photos and a lifetime of stories about your time in the Canadian Arctic.
- Hike out to the Triple Waterfalls and watch water cascade down five stories
- Spot beluga whales splashing about in the Cunningham River Delta
- Get closer to this amazing environment while paddling a kayak around floating icebergs in Cunningham Inlet
- Uncover the Arctic’s huge range of wildlife – see gulls and peregrine falcons soaring around Gull Canyon
- Wander through the gigantic skeletal structures of bowhead whales in the Badlands
- Even transport on Somerset Island is an adventure – whiz about in the snow in an all-terrain vehicle
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust