Alpine Railway Journey - Limited Edition
Embrace the romance of the railway on this splendid alpine tour through Italy, Switzerland and Germany. Begin in Milan and enjoy picturesque lakeside towns before rolling on to Zermatt for alpine adventure and incredible views. Ride the steepest cog railway to Mount Pilatus and take in the German city of Munich as you enjoy regional food, historical sights and the relaxing environment of alpine communities. A relaxing and incredibly picturesque journey, you’re sure to be invigorated by the crisp mountain air on this unique European rail tour.
- There's nothing quite like train travel in Europe. This trip covers as much history as it does gorgeous Alpine scenery
- It's big on relaxation, but not without adventure. Riding the world's steepest cog railway at Mt Pilatus will be a tale for the grandchildren
- The Glacier Express from Zermatt to Chur rates among the greatest, slowest, most romantic train trips in the world
- Enjoy a chocolate making demonstration in Lucerne. Mixing a passion for chocolate with a pantry full of natural ingredients, a team of chocolate-making magicians will demonstrates their skills exclusively to our group.
- Listen to thrilling stories of various attempts at the summit of mighty Matterhorn, while snacking on local specialities on the picnic lunch at the foot of the mountain.
- There's plenty of time to eat, drink and be merry in Munich, the alpine town of delicious regional cuisine, festive beer culture and royal Bavarian heritage
- At the beautifully located Neuschwanstein Castle, you'll enjoy a guided tour of its fairytale-like interior – a grandiose 19th-century throwback to the Middle Ages
- Enjoy the view of might Matterhorn from your features stay hotel in Zermatt, the village like no other.
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust