A Taste of Oman
This is the Arabia of Aladdin’s dreams. Explore the historic city of Muscat and drive along the coast to the bubbling fishing village of Seeb. By 4WD, travel to the rugged interior and the splendid forts of Nakhal and Al Hazm, framed by the spectacular Jebel Akhdar Mountains. Browse the fabulous souk of ancient Nizwa. Meet the people, learn of their delicate silverware, woodwork and embroidery, and unwind in the cool heights of the Mountain of the Sun Sleep at a rustic desert camp under a blanket of brilliant stars in Wahiba Sands and explore the beautiful oasis at Wadi Bani Khaled, all before a further wander around the wonderful maze of Muscat.
- Immerse yourself in Omani cultural history as you wander among the exhibts of Muscat's Bait Zubair Museum
- Stand in awe of gorgeous landscapes and visit centuries-old mountain villages on a journey into the foothills of Oman's highest peak, Jebel Shams.
- Get a glimpse of the 'real' Oman in the charming fishing village of Barka, a lovely spot to watch the day's catch being hauled in
- Treat yourself some some traditional Omani hospitality in our Feature Stay property; a one-night camping getaway under the stars in the Wahiba Sands
- In the lively souks of Nizwa, you'll see locals turning their traditional trades, much as they have done for centuries
- Break bread, trade tales and share dates during lunch with a local Bedouin family on the edge of Wahiba Sands.
- This trip visits Oman's most phenomenal fortresses and mosques, including the beautifully preserved Jabrin Fort
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust