Venice to Southern Italy
Wander enchanting streets and alleys in Venice, hike through rolling green fields in Gubbio and discover the haunting side of Pompeii on this captivating adventure through la bella Italia. Sample Spello’s famous wine in an enoteca, spot a celebrity in Capri, traverse the incredible Amalfi coastline and explore ancient grottoes in Matera. Sip an espresso in Rome after visiting the Colosseum, relax in the retro Trani marina, and marvel at the fascinating Basilica Di Santa Croce in Lecce. From rustic cobbled streets to spectacular seaside scenery, fall in love with the spirit of Italy on this diverse – and delicious – adventure.
- Romantic Venice is like no other city in the world, a watery wonderland literally sinking under the weight of its iconic sights
- Explore the masterpiece medieval town of Gubbio – centuries of history around every corner and the requisite cobblestone streets, gothic palaces and churches, all with stunning views straight across the valley
- Visit the birthplace of St Francis, Italy's second holiest city, to explore the imposing basilica built in his name
- Wander around Rome's famous landmarks including the Colosseum, Vatican City, Sistine Chapel, St Peter's Basilica and much more. This is a city that bucket lists were made for
- Explore the vast, frozen in time ruins of ancient Pompeii, which emerged from the ashes after thousands of years, and take a peak inside the steaming crater of Mt Vesuvius, the volcano that destroyed it
- Hike among the olive groves on the Path of the Gods along the spectacular Amalfi Coast
- Stay in a bit of local history and feel like a true Alberobello resident with a night in Alberobello’s unique trulli
- Explore the otherworldly Sassi of Matera – stone houses formed from natural grottoes and tufo cliffs overlooking a dramatic gorge
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust