Venice to Budapest
From the canals of Venice to the grand architecture of Budapest, this 24-day adventure take you to some of the best parts of Northern Italy and Central Europe. Sample some of Italy’s best wines of a bike tour of the famous South Tyrolean Wine Road. Venture further inland and hear Mozart ringing from cafes in Salzburg, explore Vienna’s rich artistic and intellectual legacy and experience Prague’s legendary jazz scene. Travel to Poland to visit the haunting underground city of Osowka and learn its dark origins, then get active trekking among the high-altitude lakes and waterfalls of the Tatra Mountains. With the perfect mix of scheduled activities and free time to explore on your own, this trip is the perfect way to experience the charm and splendour of Italy, Austria, the Czech Republic, Poland and Hungary.
- Get pleasantly lost in Venice, exploring the tangle of canals and alleyways that make up this beautiful city.
- Cycle along one of the oldest wine routes in Italy – the South Tyrolean Wine Road – famed for its stunning scenery as much as its wine. Take in serene vistas of Italian villas and vineyards as you pedal from wine village to wine village, sampling delicious local drops as you go.
- Stroll through the picturesque alpine meadows of Alpe de Siusi with a local guide who will provide some insight into the surprisingly dark history of this stunning location, which includes farmer uprisings and witch burning.
- Immerse yourself in the history, architecture and bohemian vibes of the Czech Republic. Step right into a fairytale in the World Heritage-listed town of Cesky Krumlov before soaking up the smooth sounds of jazz at a low-lit bar in Prague.
- Enjoy a scenic walk along the banks of the River Danube in Budapest. Threaded with bridges and hemmed in by castles and historic city buildings, Europe’s second longest river is also one of its most beautiful.
- Hike in the picturesque Tatra Mountains and traverse the steep slopes via funicular, gondola and train.
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust