Northern Thailand is a treasure-trove filled with glittering temples, ancient ruins, exotic markets and sumptuous foods. Explore the capital of Siam's golden age at Sukhothai, visit the bustling markets of Chiang Mai, stay at a special homestay with local friends and enjoy a traditional khantohk dinner. From the pearly white shorelines of Phuket’s Patong and Nai Harn beaches to the lost islands of Koh Gum, Koh Kangkaw and Koh Yeepoon, Southern Thailand offers a splendid balance between resort-like charm and hidden excitement. Plunge headfirst on an adventure to soak up both sun and culture, spending time relaxing on the ambient shores of Khao Lak or bumping arms with the locals in the markets at Ramong. Lose yourself in the jungle or find tropical fish in the ocean. There's so much to discover on this tour from Thailand's north to south.
- Work up an appetite with a leisurely cycle through the ancient Buddhas and ruined temples of Heritage-listed Sukothai Park, then feast on a home-cooked picnic lunch
- Experience daily rural life firsthand when staying with long-time Intrepid friends in a small Thai village
- Support an important animal welfare initiative and get close to incredible creatures at the Hospital of the Friends of the Asian Elephant
- Go beach-hopping through sunny Phuket, often regarded as one of the best seaside locations in Thailand (if not the world!)
- Sink into the slower pace of Khao Lak – a realm full of ambient charm and calming coastlines
- Trek through thick jungle landscape to serene waterfalls in the midst of the jungle – finding tiny pockets of serenity hiding under the trees as you go
- An island hopping trip through Koh Gum, Koh Kangkaw, Koh Yeepoon offers an incredible insight into Thailand’s stunning coastal environments. Explore them further from above and below the water on beach-walks and snorkelling adventures
- Visit a local community and learn about the ceramic and tin mining industries in a rural location- if you are lucky you might get the chance to participate
- Pick up some impressive new culinary skills and taste delicious local dishes in a Thai cooking class
- Travel like the locals on an overnight sleeper train from Chiang Mai to Bangkok
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust