Sri Lanka Expedition: Wilderness & Wildlife
Explore the diversity of the Sri Lankan wilderness on this 12-day expedition. Travel from shallow waterways thick with mangroves and birds in Kumuna National Park to the dry evergreen forest inhabited by a large elephant population in Wasgamuwa National Park and discover both lush and lofty mountains in Gal Oya National Park and the misty Sinharaja Forest Reserve.
- Watch orphaned baby elephants arrive for a feeding at the Elephant Transfer Home in Udawalawe
- Take daily safaris designed to optimise your chance of catching a glimpse of some of Sri Lanka’s exotic wildlife
- Spend some time soaking up laid-back surf vibes in Arugam Bay
- Stay in a well-situated eco-lodge in the Sinharaja Forest Reseve, a World Heritage-listed tropical rainforest that’s home to jackals, big cats, wild boars and Toque monkeys
- After nearly a week in the wild, wind down in Galle Fort, a colonial town with modern flair
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust