South Georgia & Antarctic Peninsula from Buenos Aires
Antarctica is considered by many to be the final frontier. Home to an equal number of stories of glory and tragedy, you can experience this incredible spot for yourself and find out what drew so many to explore this rugged and unforgiving land. Watch penguins at play, spot minke whales in the icy waters as you navigate south from Buenos Aires, keeping an eye out for other animals, including leopard seals, blue whales, orcas, birds and fur seals. Spend some time learning about South Georgia as you go ashore to discover old whaling stations and linger a while at Sir Ernest Shackleton’s remote grave and the nearby whaling station.
- South Georgia is rich in history and wildlife. Stand upon beaches teeming with thousands of king penguins in some of the largest rookeries in the world
- Visit abandoned whaling stations and the resting place of the great explorer, Sir Ernest Shackleton
- See abundant species of whales, seabirds, seals and penguins on regular Zodiac excursions along the plunging coastline of the Antarctic Peninsula
- Learn about Antarctic history, geology and wildlife from on-board lectures made by polar specialists
- A diversity of possible landing sites and activities allows you to see the spectacular Antarctic Peninsula from multiple perspectives
- Optional activities such as sea kayaking can take your adventure to the next level. Book early, as these sell out fast
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust