South Africa: Kruger Walking Safari
Brimming with elephants, lions, buffalo, rhino, zebra and hundreds of bird species, Kruger National Park stands tall among the great wildlife arenas of Africa. But it’s only a fraction of adventurers that see the park’s extreme northern reaches, where some of the most profound nature experiences await. Join an exciting new Intrepid expedition that explores the depths of this wilderness on foot, tackling the remote northern Kruger and visiting the likes of the Limpopo River Valley, Crooks Corner, Hutwini and Lanner gorges. With comfortable accommodation, quality food, and knowledgeable guides helping you get the most out of trail walks and game drives, this expedition proves you can stray from the beaten track in southern Africa without actually having to ‘rough it’.
- Experience the real Johannesburg on a Soweto bicycle tour, followed by dinner at a top traditional steakhouse
- Venture to where relatively few visitors to South Africa go – the arid and atmospheric remote northern corners of Kruger National Park
- Tackle the Pafuri Walking Trails with local guides, marvelling at such unique landscapes as the Luvuvhu fever tree forest
- Half the fun is getting to the starting points of your walks each day, as en-route game drives maximise your chances of diverse wildlife sightings
- Witness anything from cheetah to lion to elephant to eland, plus some of the hundreds of bird species of Kruger – perhaps a mottled spinetail or lemon-breasted canary
- With well-appointed permanent tents, this adventure is a cut above your average camping trip when it comes to comfort
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust