Slovenia to Macedonia Real Food Adventure
If it’s a gourmet feast you want, a gourmet feast you shall get! This food-inspired escapade through Slovenia, Croatia, Kosovo, Albania, Montenegro and Macedonia includes visits to salt pans, a truffle farm, wineries, fishing villages and more. Discover why Istria is considered one of the world's leading producers of quality olive oil; eat mouth-watering, slow-cooked meat cooked Dalmatian-style under a metal bell; and raise a glass of refosk (Slovenian wine) or slivovitz (plum brandy) and shout ‘zivjeli!’ to the simple, home-style cuisine this region is famous for.
- Explore the major foodie regions of Istria (prsut ham, olive oils, wine, truffles) and Dalmatia (sheep’s milk cheese, lamb, maraschino cherrys)
- Delve into the diverse world of food that lies beneath Slovenia’s fairytale landscape, and find out why this country has more than 20 distinct culinary regions
- Get to know some of the emerging heroes of the Eastern European wine scene – teran, refosk, grk, marastina, and kurtelaška bijela (and try to pronounce them after a few glasses)
- Discover why the Balkans are the next big thing in food – drink boza, rakija and wine, and taste pinjur, makalo, bieno cheese, ckembe corba and more in this adventurous foodie destination
- Learn how to make the regional specialty of pastries with local village women in Janche
- Meet a local beekeeper and get the buzz on honey in a bee master class
- Taste one of the newest players on the world wine scene – sample Macedonia’s finest drops with a celebrated local expert
- Explore a world hams and cheeses in a centuries-old smokehouse, and olive oil in local farm outside of Kotor
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust