Senegal to Ghana
The quintessential West Africa overland trip, this tour from Dakar to Ghana leaves no cultural, natural or historical stone unturned on its eastbound journey across the continent. Very much off the beaten track, this is a fairly physically demanding tour that involves a lot of camping, hiking and trekking – though the bulk of it is undertaken in a comfortable overland truck. This is grassroots travelling at its very best; where you can really get involved in the communities and local people you meet along the way. Whether experiencing stunning birdlife and witnessing the last populations of West African lions, or getting involved in a community project in Ghana, this West African adventure takes in the best this part of the continent has to offer. From the wonderful and wacky city of Yamoussoukro to relaxing on the many serene beaches along the coast, West Africa is the ideal destination for travellers wanting a different travel experience.
TRIP CHANGES 2018:
• 1 night taken out of Yamoussoukro and an extra night added in Grand Bassam
- Relax on Ghana's beautiful Brenu Beach
- Explore the dense jungles of Kakum National Park
- Get absorbed in Bissau's buzzing arts scene
- Discover Ghana's capital city of Accra
- Embark on a pirogue trip through the Sine-Saloum Delta
- Unlock the secrets of the historic Elmina Castle
- Encounter the great mosques of Senegal
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust