Sarawak Rainforest World Music Festival
Full of lush rainforest landscapes, breathtaking cave systems, rolling rivers and lost islands, Sarawak is one of South East Asia’s best kept secrets. Take the opportunity to experience both the culture and the nature of this verdant wonderland on an adventure including the Sarawak Rainforest World Music Festival. This annual gathering brings a diverse spectrum of performers and culture to the coastline of the Santubong Peninsula for three days of celebration, allowing you to soak in both the beauty of the area and the artistic essence of its people. Meet local musicians, visit an orangutan sanctuary and delve into national parks on a jungle adventure you’ll never forget.
- Journey to Kuching, Sarawak to witness the Rainforest World Music Festival in full swing. This unique festival draws in renowned international musicians and indigenous performers of Borneo for not-to-be-missed performances.
- Spend a night in the home of one of the regular performers of the festival and learn all about the sape – an instrument used by some of Borneo’s indigenous musicians.
- Borneo offers rare treats for the nature lover – see Orangutans at the Semenggoh Sanctuary and the quirky proboscis monkeys in Bako National Park.
- Explore one of the world’s largest cave networks and witness a sunset hunting exodus of millions of bats, twisting through the sky like a plume of black smoke in Gunung Mulu National Park.
- Get a unique perspective on the rainforest of Mulu National Park during an early morning walk through the canopy, which is the longest of its kind in the world.
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust