Russia Real Food Adventure
Discover the cultural and culinary secrets of Russia on this 10-day tour. Experience authentic Russia in all its diversity, from an evening of eating, drinking and table games with a St Petersburg family to the steaming hot bowls of laghman (pulled noodles with meat and veges) found inside Soviet-style canteens. Food culture here is insular, and there are plenty of dishes you’ll try on this tour that don’t really exist anywhere else. This journey is delicious on its own, or the perfect side dish to a larger European adventure.
- Learn how to walk, talk, drink and party like a Russian on a Zakuska and Vodka tasting tour in Moscow
- The beautifully preserved thatched houses and dome-topped churches of Suzdal are straight out of a Russian fairy tale
- Enjoy a hearty, home-cooked feast with a Tatar family, sampling dishes unique to this semi-autonomous region of Russia
- Forage for ingredients in a family’s garden (with permission, of course), then learn how to make one of the region’s most famous dishes – borsht
- Eat, drink and be merry during an evening with a family in St Petersburg, sipping birch juice and playing table games
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust