Real South India
A rollicking jaunt through South India’s lush interior, head from Trivandrum up to Varkala for prime beach gallivanting. Take a boat ride through the Kerala backwaters for the ultimate in bliss. Catch a kathakali dance in Kochi and pig out on the best curries and seafood you've ever had in your life. From beaches to ayurvedic massages and curries to coconut groves, an authentic slice of Indian adventure awaits.
- India can be a daunting place at times, even for experienced travellers. With a local leader to support you the whole way and take care of all the logistics, you’ll build plenty of confidence in how to find the best food, activities and fun in each destination.
- A group size of up to 16 other travellers of a similar age means you will have plenty of new friends to share experiences, meals and good times with during your trip.
- Take the atmosphere of Shimla or Darjeeling, add lush tropical jungle and you have the Western Ghats: a hotspot of biodiversity with thundering waterfalls, tea plantations, spice markets, and echoes of a colonial past.
- Get a taste of southern Indian cuisine, indulging in sweet chutneys, seafood curries, stuffed dosa and more. Here's a sampling of what is in store for your tastebuds: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/foodies-guide-south-india/
- Glide through the backwaters of Kerala on a pole boat, going ashore for an village homestay - a beautiful break from hotels and overnight trains and a perfect way to get close to local customs and culture. All you need now is to master the local language of Malayalam (jokes)
- The spirit of Indiana Jones swings through the ruins of Virupaksha Temple in Hampi. You'll feel like you're moving through a movie set during the visit.
- Golden beaches and age-old fishing villages make Goa one of India’s most popular retreats – and the perfect last stop on your adventure.
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust