Photography Series: Antarctic Explorer
Crossing the Drake Passage and sailing out to the Antarctic Peninsula, this expedition puts you right amongst the wildlife of the White Continent. Exploring by Zodiac, visit the bays, channels and open water that elusive leopard seals, colonies of gentoo, Adelie and chinstrap penguins, and humpback whales call home. Capture this incredible experience on film under the close guidance of an onboard photography expert.
- Take the best possible photos of the remote landscapes and unique wildlife of the Atlantic Peninsula with the assistance of an onboard photography expert (suitable for non-photographers, too)
- Learn about the unique history, geology and wildlife of the region from polar experts
- With a professional photographer on-hand to provide guidance, you’ll be uniquely positioned to make the most of an opportunity few people get to experience: setting foot on the Great White Continent
- Photograph beaches teeming with thousands of king penguins in some of the largest rookeries in the world
- A diversity of possible landing sites and activities allows you to see the spectacular Antarctic Peninsula from multiple perspectives
- Take a refreshing 'polar plunge' in the icy sea and experience the ultimate in Antarctic weather
- Optional activities such as sea kayaking among seals and icebergs can take your adventure to the next level. Book early, as these sell out fast
- See abundant species of whales, seabirds, seals and penguins on regular Zodiac excursions, camera at the ready
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust