One Week Camping in Iceland
Quick note: Greenland is the one with all the ice, Iceland is the one with all the green – but you can see why people get the two mixed up. Now we’ve got that out the way – Iceland is crazy pretty. Even searching for pictures from the country turns up with scenes that belong in a Hollywood blockbuster (Star Wars, anyone?). The cool thing about this trip is you’ll get to see all the beautiful nature first hand, minus the special effects. The hills of Hvolsvollur, Vatnajokull’s frosty glaciers, the bursting Strokkur Geyser and Reykjavik’s party vibes – you better believe this trip has all the good stuff.
- There's a lot more to Iceland than ice (and Bjork). Ford the fjords, glaciers, volcanoes, black sands and thermal springs of this magical land in the world's far north
- Discover Iceland's fascinating history of Reykjavik, and visit the astonishing Lutheran church of Hallgrimskirkja
- The Eurasian and American tectonic plates may now be pulling apart in Thingvellir National Park, but over a thousand years ago this was the site where Iceland's first parliament came together
- Hike to the tongue of Europe's biggest glacier and marvel at the walls of ice in Skaftafell National Park
- Southern Iceland is a world of striking contrasts. Walk past blue-white icebergs at the Jokulsarlon glacier lagoon, and soak up the silence of the surrounding grey sand desert
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust