Although the island country of Cyprus remains divided after a military coup in 1974, the beauty of the land and hospitality of the people stand unfettered as the country edges towards unification. Hunt for castles and monasteries, swim off the shimmering northern coastline, sit wistfully under the Tree of Idleness or watch the donkeys wander along the landscape as you walk down to Golden Beach – this eastern Mediterranean adventure offers plenty of experiences and unforgettable memories to boot.
TRIP CHANGES IN 2020:
In 2020 this trip will no long stay overnight on the Karpass Peninsular of the Island, it will still visit the Karpass as a day trip. In 2020 this trip will also include a day trip to Kormakitis and dinner in a Maronite village. There will be no daily boat tour, this has been replaced with sunset boat tour.
- Visit fairytale-like St Hilarion Castle, famously rumoured to be used by Walt Disney as inspiration for the castle in Snow White and Seven Dwarfs.
- Set sail from Kyrenia (Girne- Turkish) and explore the coastline, stopping along the way for a refreshing swim and lunch.
- Discover Europe's last divided capital, known as Lefkosia to the Turkish and Nicosia to the Cypriot communities, it is full of surprises with an eclectic mix of cultures and architecture.
- Stay in a traditional Cypriot village where residents have been working together to preserve local culture and heritage.
- Join your village hosts for some traditional bread and cheese making
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust