Although the island country of Cyprus remains divided after a military coup in 1974, the beauty of the land and hospitality of the people stand unfettered as the country edges towards unification. Hunt for castles and monasteries, swim off the shimmering northern coastline, sit wistfully under the Tree of Idleness or watch the donkeys wander along the landscape as you walk down to Golden Beach – this eastern Mediterranean adventure offers plenty of experiences and unforgettable memories to boot.
TRIP CHANGES IN 2019:
This trip will now depart on a Saturday in 2019. This change was made in order to combo this trip up with our new Original Itinerary in Turkey (ERSK: Turkey Highlights). This will create a 15 day Original style Turkey and Northern Cyprus trip.
- Visit fairytale-like St Hilarion Castle, famously rumoured to be used by Walt Disney as inspiration for the castle in Snow White and Seven Dwarfs.
- Set sail from Kyrenia (Girne- Turkish) and explore the coastline, stopping along the way for a refreshing swim and lunch.
- Discover Europe's last divided capital, known as Lefkosia to the Turkish and Nicosia to the Cypriot communities, it is full of surprises with an eclectic mix of cultures and architecture.
- Stay in a traditional Cypriot village where residents have been working together to preserve local culture and heritage.
- Join your village hosts for some traditional bread and cheese making
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust