New Zealand South Island Discovery
Welcome to the deep south of New Zealand – a place where rare dolphins, penguins, sea lions and albatross roam freely and often. Take the chance to try and spot these beautiful creatures and more as you explore natural limestone caves, podocarp forest, dramatic waterfalls, ice-carved fjords and tranquil lakes. Learn about the wild, rugged Catlins coastline, the impressive Doubtful Sound and the popular central Otago region on an adventure through ‘Lord Of The Rings’ country.
- Trek through the Catlins, a land full of waterfalls, titanic caves, illustrious nature walks and remains of a petrified wood forest.
- Try to spot dolphins, fur seals and penguins on a visit to Doubtful Sound – then maybe take a kayak on the waters or spend the evening stargazing with a drink in hand
- Visit the lively albatross and penguin colonies of the Catlins, watching these curious birds squawk, waddle and dance in their natural habitats
- Have plenty of free time at the stunning Lake Wanaka a chance to slow the pace and enjoy the region
- Finish up in Queenstown with the opportunity to get your adrenalin hit
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust